Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Not worth the money

Sail Date: September 29, 2011

The ship was extremely outdated. Both pool areas were entirely too small for a ship with that many people on it. The food was terrible. The drinks were entirely too expensive. Everything cost extra once you get on the ship. I would rather be charged up front and know how much I am paying.

Pros: Cozumel

Cons: the cost (everything cost extra), the food, the ship (old and oudated)

Recommends Carnival Destiny (RETIRED)? No.

The buffet food was terrible. The sit down dining was somewhat better, but still overall was not great. The dining times were convenient. I did not feel it was necessary to sit us at the same table (side by side) with complete strangers at breakfast and lunch with there were hundreds of empty tables.
The location was convenient. The overall size was too be expected on a cruise ship. The decor was outdated. The bathroom felt dirty and dingy. Overall comfort was sufficient.
The staff was friendly and helpful for the most part.
The ship was outdated. It felt dirty and dingy. The layout was not great.....the pool areas were entirely too small for a ship of that size with that many people on it. The decor was outdated. I felt like I was living in the 80's or early 90's.
Cozumel is beautiful. The excursions were a little pricey and it was necessary to do an excursion in order to see any of Cozumel and be safe at the same time.