Time of our lives...

Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) 28 Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

5 Night Western Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: July 16, 2011
Ship: Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) 28
First cruise ever....the Destiny delivered. It was a beautiful ship....stunning and elegant. So much to see and do and participate in. There was always things to do. Had a somewhat difficul time finding some of the places as not allof the floors went straight thru...but by the end of the cruise we had the ship wired.

Food was TOP-NOTCH...loved it. Being new to cruising, we had to get used to the time factors and differences between signed up dining and "open" dining. They were both excellent and the waiters and waitresses were awesome. Loved the shows the crew put on. The only thing that did not live up to our expectations was the timing of the food. Being early riisers (4 a.m.) we thought we would be able to get up and eat and this was NOT the case. We had to wait at least 3-4 hours untill the buffets opened...unless we wantedt to find someone to make us a pizza at 4 in the morning...which didn't really sound good. I thought we would be able to get basically whatever we wanted 24/7 and that was not the case.

Entertainment was great. The only thing I DIDNT like was the nite when they had a couple game going on. It was limited ONLY to people who were actually married...and I found that to be predjudiced...especially in todays day and age. I really wanted to participate and couldn't because I didn't have a piece of paper. Found that to be not OK...I feel my relationship is stronger than a lot of people with a piece of paper and I wasn't allowed to participate. Perhaps change youre wording.

Staff quality was great...however had a few difficulties communicatiting with the on occasion because they come from all over the world.

Ship was beautiful and elegant, however had a difficult time finding places like the spa and such...on levels that didn't go all the way thru or have elevators.

Satisfied with room. Little small..but hey...were on a boat
Would definitly revisit. Did the parachute trip...water was BEAUTIFUL. Everything about this port was awesome. Felt safe here and didn't have people swarm us. Shopping was GREAT!
Don't Miss: Parasailing and the beautiful water!
I would not go back to this port. While it was beautiful and all...it was very scary. People swarm you It was like beiing in Tijuana, Mexico. PLUS, we waited forever to get on our pre-paid trip, which in our case was swimming with going to the falls (Dunn's). We waited for over an hour and a half past our pre-designated time of departure...and it was so hot...with no water or nothing.There were no bathrooms handy, water fountains...nothing.
Don't Miss: Dunn's Falls and Margaritaville

Pros: Food, glamor, sites, views

Cons: Cell phones didn't work (didn't know that would happen...thought we could at least text), there weren't enough clocks...we use our cell phones as watches/and clocks and there were very few to be found once onboard. Also, we had a hard time keeping track of family on the boat as cell phones didn't w

Recommends Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) 28? Yes!