Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Carnival, for families not couples.

Sail Date: August 22, 2011

The ship was okay. We definitely won't be cruising with Carnival again, unless it was free. Between Carnival and Princess it's night and day. I understand that the hurricane re-routed us, but I don't think my impressions were going to be any different regardless.

Pros: Rooms were big

Cons: Food, Business, Ports, Kids

Recommends Carnival Destiny (RETIRED)? No.

The quality of the ship was average. The main problem was having only one laundry room with one iron for each deck. There were nights when the line lasted over 30 minutes to iron. Especially for Formal Night that is unacceptable. There needs to be more irons and ironing boards made available.
Stateroom was comfortable. We reserved an ocean view, but had a corner room that was bigger than most. The only problem was that the room was very loud and vibrated. We were in the very back of the boat so I imagine that had something to do with it.
Staff was great. Nothing spectacular though. One of the waiters during dinner was rude though. Never smiled and actually seemed annoyed at his job. Would give us dirty looks and roll his eyes when we gave dessert and after meal drink orders.
The activities were good. It seemed in the day though there wasn't much besides Trivia and games. I guess this tailored to the fact that the ship was mostly families and children.
Food was terrible. The only good food was the deli. Pizza was even so so, not great.