Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Contributor Level: Third Mate

a family trip

Sail Date: September 01, 2011

the ship overall look was dated.

Pros: the service in the main dinning room.

Cons: the smell of smoke, the lines for food

Recommends Carnival Destiny (RETIRED)? No.

It was very boring
the ship appeared clean. The staff was constanly vacuming outside our door which made it hard to sleep.
There were long lines for the food. I wasn't great . Our head waiter and his asst. was excellent. Every single night they provided great service.
One staff member was not very nice when my husband went to as him about his lost luggage. We did find his bag at the end of the night. Other than that, the gentleman who clean our room did a great job and provide us with things we need.
There was plenty of room for us. There was my husband, daughter and my self. We had a balcony room. We couldn't really enjoy our balcony because someone on the side of us was smoking. We hate the smell of smoke.