Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Just OK-won't do it again

Sail Date: July 21, 2011

The ship was OK, kinda dirty. I have to say tho, the staff is very friendly and clean about picking up your food after you are done as well as clearing up tables. I didn't like the fact that it took two days for maintenance to fix the air Conditioning in our balcony room. A lot of entertainment but I have to say most of it was corny. I did feel like the staff didn't really care much for the guest in the ship the last two nights, food ran out a lot of the times and wasn't replenished right away and not much of a selection. This was my second time on destiny and will be last.

Pros: How clean it was and the staff is wonderful

Cons: I felt like the last day nobody really cared for the guest on board and just wanted us off the ship and I also noticed not a lot of food was put out the last 2 nights

Recommends Carnival Destiny (RETIRED)? No.

Not much to choose from when it came to food, it was the same stuff everyday
Air condition took two days to work and there were three of us that stayed I. One balcony room, very uncomfortable, not a lot of space and I recommend DO NOT stAy on the 10th floor.....so much noise from the deck,real big mistake I made with that one!!!
Really not a lot of entertainment...a lot of it was corny contests and what not
Looked dirty, especially the balconies...Ship isn't that big
Staff is refinement very friendly and pick up and clean up after you I
immediately in the dining and eating areas...thank these people, they deserve it!!!
Key West, Florida
The island was beautiful! I recommend doing the conch trolley tour it's and hour and half but you get shown basically the whole island, what I don't line about it was the fact the ship is only docked there for 7 hours and docks at 7 am! Who's up at that time on there vacation?? Thats ridiculous!
Don't Miss: How we got there at 7 am! Who was up at that time? Not me
Beautiful! Beautiful! Beautiful! Beaches there are amazing!!!!! And you actually get the whole day here, which gives you time to do whatever you need to get done!!
Don't Miss: The fact it ca t stY docked and extra day! Great place!!!