Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

We can't wait for our anniversary!

Sail Date: December 01, 2010

Our honeymoon trip and first cruise! (June 2010) We had a great time and were happy to be a bit isolated together after the wedding.

If you are flexible and not overly picky you'll enjoy it. We had nothing to compare it to, but we still had a great time!

Carry your own luggage to your room (I think the delivered bags were mostly safe, but they left them outside of your room)
Consider flying into Ft. Lauderdale to save money. (Take a taxi to Miami)
Grand Turk was not a party. Although the conch fritters we bought from a local there were a party!
Half Moon Cay was totally relaxing...we loved the cook out!--If you buy an excursion you can get off the boat faster (this port has tenders (boats) that take you to the dock and it can take a while. We took the walk/bike tour which was was just my husband and I so it was nice. The beach is really great (we didn't buy any chairs, we just found some a bit further from the dock)
Nassau--it was okay, we took a bus tour of the island and got to attend an independence day celebration. I can't remember the name of the place in the fish market that wasn't tasty...but I did hear that Goldies was good. Don't be overly swayed by places with cheaper food.
Atlantis nice (we were able to sneak in a walk around) but waaaayyy over priced

Pros: Super Clean!

Cons: Grand Turk was a waste

Recommends Carnival Destiny (RETIRED)? No.

Again the room steward kept the bathroom super clean. Most of the staff was friendly but above and, I wouldn't say all that.
If you're open minded and flexible, this is the cruise for you. The entertainment was decent and varied. They weren't necessarily shows I'd pay to see, but they were good to watch while we were enjoying the ship. We never did win at bingo, or really very much in the casino either. We really enjoyed the scavenger hunt...we did it with another couple and that was cool. I enjoy a nice pool from time to time, but they both were always pretty full and my husband isn't a swimmer so I didn't get in at all.
The decor was a bit ostentatious, but does it really matter? The public areas were well kept.
It was good to me! The chocolate strawberry frozen yogurt was like a delicious frozen nectar...I couldn't stop eating it. Yes buffet lines were long during peak times, but there were tons of options and it was tasty. Just pick a slightly off peak time to enjoy your meals. There was food available ALL THE TIME! Only lemonade and tea and tap water were free all the time...good thing I like those drinks. For breakfast though there were some tasty fruit juice options. The evening meal was good, it was nice to sit and have a fairly upscale restaurant experience.
It was a good size for me 5'4 and my husband 6'4...the king bed was comfortable and the shower was immaculate!! I was trying to figure out how they kept it soooo clean. We had an interior room right below the lido deck. We loved it because we could just walk up one flight to get to the eats. We loved that our room got completely dark when we needed sleep and f we wanted to see the ocean, we just walked upstairs! It was a great value.