Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Terrible stateroom experience

Sail Date: April 18, 2011

I listened to welding and banging behind my stateroom for three days while myself and my wife tried to nap during the afternoon. Carnival offered a degraded room on a 2nd floor to further inconvience me as a way of fixing the situation. Terrible customer service with one option. A very successful cruise company with good profits should offer more than one option. If anything they should follow what the Ritz Carlton does and do whatever it takes to make the customer happy. I also witnessed a cargo ship cut our boat off N.W. of Cuba. Our captain waited to evade the ship very late and drastically slowed down the ship the last second when it didn't work. The cruise line must provide a stateroom that is enjoyable and clean and works and nothing less. They could have welded some where else. Corporate customer service said handle things on the boat. I did. Before this happened I was going to book another cruise onboard and become a stock holder in Carnival after my trip. Not anymore... I think I'll never use them again and switch over to Royal Caribbean.

Pros: Excursions, food and comedy shows

Cons: Stateroom

Recommends Carnival Destiny (RETIRED)? No.

Needs to be gutted...looks old.
Great food and service rushed way too fast. They need to relax a touch and not make me feel like I should eat fast and leave.
Comedy shows were awesome...everything else kinda lame.
George Town, Grand Cayman
My excursion to see the stingrays was awesome. The driver of the boat went waaaaaay too slow. I wish I had an extra hour or so to shop at all the great shopping but I didn't. Wish I had more time at the Beach as well. Maybe cut the excursions into 2 different ones with shopping time at the end.
Don't Miss: Stingrays and Rum Point Beach
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Awesome catamaran to Dunn River Falls. Everyone very polite and chill. Great people. Margaritaville nice as well.
Don't Miss: The hustlers that hustle their junk while you walk to the mall. Pass a law and band that craziness.