disappointed

Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) 28 Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

5 Night Western Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: April 18, 2011
There were crowds everywhere. On the deck, in lines. People were generally obnoxious or just impolite. The staff was not all that freindly either, this may have been driven by the impolite passengers (not sure). My son broke a glass in our room, I called the cabin steward to ask him to clean it up before we stepped on the glass, he simply said he was done for the day, and he would come later in the evening to clean it up. I felt there were few places to really relax on the boat, other than on my balcony. There were a lot of kids and they seemed to be unsupervised and running around rampant throughout the ship. I couldn't even get near the whirlpool, they were always filled with at leat 10 kids. I couldn't find a chair on the decks during the day, it appeared that people would simply tie a towel to a seat and leave for hours. There were more empty blue towel seats than occupied seats. The hard sells didn't seem to stop, specifically for the SPA services. They advertised free seminars, but it basically turned out to be an infomercial to sell the SPA products/services. I doubt I will book with Carnival again.

Pros: The Balcony

Cons: Too many rude people on the ship, service was lacking.

Recommends Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) 28? No.