Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Relaxing and fun

Sail Date: April 18, 2011

This is my 3rd time cruising. Once with Royal Caribbean and twice with Carnival. The Destiny was clean but a little outdated. I don't know if it was this particular group onboard but the ship was very family and couple oriented. The options for entertainment also seemed to be catered towards families and couples. Not much to do for single group of friends who want to have fun. Room service was okay, but apparently they did not clean the shower from the last guest because there was a bar of soap and razor left in the shower when we had arrived. Food was good, breakfast lines were kind of long. We had optional time dinner and the last two nights of our cruise had a crappy waiter who didn't seem to enjoy his job much. Ochos Rios was beautiful. Had a great time at Dunns River, and felt very safe and welcomed in Jamaica. Grand Cayman beach was gorgeous but the island itself seemed to lack its own culture.
OH BEFORE I FORGET!!!- Carnival tries to make money off of you any way they can so you better come on board with at least 300 bucks to spare. From pictures, to casinos, to shore excursions to souvenirs this cruise is NOT all inclusive. Drinks are moderately priced but have like a teaspoon of alcohol in them which is a total rip off if you ask me. But I guess they dont want a bunch of drunks on board so go figure. If your looking for a little buzz look elsewhere darlings.
Overall a nice carefree and enjoyable cruise for families and couples. Singles might want to look at royal carribean or elsewhere.

Pros: island excursions and variety of entertainment onboard

Cons: watered down and pricey alcoholic beverages

Recommends Carnival Destiny (RETIRED)? Yes!

options were very family oriented.
Clean but a little outdated. My shower wasnt cleaned when I arrived there was a bar of soap and razor left in the shower from the previous passenger.
Food was good. MOST of the wait staff was friendly with the exception of the waiter we had the last two nights of our cruise.
Clean room. Cozy beds. Interior stateroom pretty spacious. Wasnt impressed with the bedroom though.
Pretty friendly and helpful. Will always try to put a smile on your face.
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Beautiful and friendly people.
Don't Miss: Dunns River Falls
George Town, Grand Cayman
Beautiful clear water and beaches.
Don't Miss: 7 mile Beach