Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Not as good as previous cruise

Sail Date: April 18, 2011

This is my second cruise, and I have to say that I was very disappointed with this cruise. They did not do a great job of moving people along. Every time that you went to go to the buffet, it was a 30-40 minute wait. They ship was dirty. The wait staff did not do a great job of clearing dirty dishes from the areas. Was up on the jogging deck in the am, and found a used condem on the deck. Just not super impressed. The shows were good. Also if you want to access the internet, be prepared to pay thru the nose. A 3.95 activation fee, then 36.00 for 45 minutes, and because you are out at sea, you will use 6 or 7 of those minutes just to log on.
Also booked a massage on this cruise. The only time that they could fit us in was 8:00 AM. They said that they would give us a wake up call @ 7:30, did not happen. Got there a little before 8, and had to fill out forms, then went into the massage room. Person spent the first 10 min explaining what she was going to do and that also she would have some recommendations of products for me. It seemed as if they were trying to really push the spa products, they even tried to push some stuff off on my 13 yearl old daughter.

Pros: shore excursions

Cons: long lines

Recommends Carnival Destiny (RETIRED)? No.

They took our ice bucket out on the first day, and did not bring it back until the night before we docked.
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
George Town, Grand Cayman
We did the shore snorkel, and parasailing. It was very $$$$$, but worth it