The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) 28 Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

5 Night Western Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: April 09, 2011
Ship: Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) 28
I stayed in a Balcony Room # 9192 on the Lido Deck. This is the first cruise for my friends and I so we didn't know what to expect. Past cruisers know the shortcuts of snatching up chairs early in the morning as I quickly learned. Mix of families and couples of all ages. Embarking process was a little disorganized at the Lido dining area with hoards of hungry people lining up for food.

This is by no means a luxury cruise liner so don't expect the sun moon and stars. Overall we had awesome time because when you are with the right people you make the best of every situation.

Galaxy Dining Hall has the best food on the ship and the best wait staff.
RONNIE & VIRGIL you guys rock!

You can get more than one entree or appetizer per person so take advantage. Sun and Sea Restaurant is average. We did "anytime dining" which offered us flexibility. Drinks are NOT free and that means water is $2 a bottle. Only the ice tea and lemonade is free. Alcoholic drinks are between $7-12

DO NOT PLAY BINGO! It is a rip-off, scam. They will take your $20 and if you win like I did, you have to scream, yell and threaten to write a bad review before they give you the money you deserve.

Waiters, Stewards and Casino Dealers are awesome. Some of the people at Guest Services and mid managers need to learn customer service! Cruise director Alina was very accommodating and was willing to help with a complaint.

First thing I noticed was certain parts of the boat are older and could use some remodeling and redecorating like the lights and carpeting. Pools are small and often so crowded.

Rooms were always clean and I looked forward to the towel animal that would be waiting for us when we got back at night. Room stewards are the nicest and most hard working people! (Thanks AZIZ)
Only thing I hated was the toilets don't flush well, you have to flush 3, 4 times.
We went to Seven Mile Beach which was extremely crowded because of other cruise ships also in the area. We should've booked an excursion instead.
Climbing Dunns River Falls was an amazing experience. be prepared to get wet from head to toe so please dress appropriately. We also had a tour of Ocho Rios and it was awesome to see locals. Locals will do everything they can to get you to buy something they're selling. So learn to say no, thank you! Our tour guide brought us to a place for lunch serving authentic Jamaican food.
Don't Miss: Dunn's River

Pros: $6 Minimum Black Jack, Waiters, Stewards

Cons: Smoking Allowed in Casino, Not Enough Chairs on Pool Deck

Recommends Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) 28? Yes!