Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Wonderful ship & cruise

Sail Date: February 01, 2011

This ship is GORGEOUS. Huge, yet easy to find everything. Love that there are hot tubs around the pool. Yes pool is small, but deck area has lots of chairs and lots of food nearby. Gym is great. Loved that the flooring looked like sand in the pics I made! I was there during Super Bowl weekend, and loved the "tail gate" they set up in the main theater room ... with big screen and that also they had it on the big screen over the main pool. Wait staff at dinner was excellent. One of the waitresses in the theater area was only bad tiny bit of the trip.

Pros: Gorgeous ship, super clean, exploring Key West & Hemingway House, great food, super visit to ruins on Cozumel, then to a lovely white sand beach and Pina Coladas on the beach, lobster quesdillas! Oh, yeah!!

Cons: One waitress was rude, otherwise all was excellent. Regular cruisers know you will pay extra for drinks. Still a deal.

Recommends Carnival Destiny (RETIRED)? No.

Gorgeous ship. Sparkling clean. You see crew keeping it clean. VERY excellent. Travelers in wheel chairs seemed to have good access everywhere.
Food was wonderful and no problem when girls at my table ordered two steaks or two lobsters ... everything available with a smile.
Very comfortable, very clean, showers good sized.
Only one bad apple in a crew of about 1,500 ... I call that EXCELLENT.
I hadn't even remembered it was Super Bowl weekend, but I ended up enjoying more than at any other time. Great options on destination side trips, and good transportation back to ship though we did Key West on our own. Lovely.