Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Not For Those Who Have Limited Mobility

Sail Date: March 07, 2011

Everything was wonderful in terms of the excellent service! Unfortunately, both my wife and I have our own problems in terms of mobility. There were two stops that we could not partake in because of access, and the one stop we thought we'd be able to manage, left us about 1/2 mile to where we needed to go on foot. We both fell along the way and I got two very bloody elbows and we were both sore for at least two days.
Also, when the ship stops at a port, all activities close on the ship, leaving nothing much to do for the entire day.
Other than that, the staff could not be any friendlier or courteous and meeting them and chatting with them was very rewarding for us, especially since the staff are from all over the world and so their stories are quite interesting.
This cruise is more for those folks who enjoy dancing, swimming, walking, and are very active.

Pros: The Service was excellent.

Cons: There are few activities for those who have limitations with mobility.

Recommends Carnival Destiny (RETIRED)? No.

Very limited space to accomodate a walker. We would have to store it in the shower.
Only poor for those such as ourselves because of our disabilities. But for those who are active and healthy, it would be an excellent choice.That is why I rated it average.
The ship was spotless! Our room would be cleaned up twice a day.
The sit down dinners were absolutely fabulous!
They are the greatest group of people we have met in a long time! Since they are from all over the world, it was very interesting to hear about their background and family back home.
Although we don't have small children, it was fun watching them working on their activities on the TV. They appeared to be having a great time!
We had a very long walk to get to the bottom glass boat tour. At least 1/2 mile walk, which is not at all suitable for those who cannot handle this due to illness. I fell along the way and got hurt. It was extremely difficult for both my wife and I.
Don't Miss: The casino at the Atlantis Hotel was a lot of fun and the slots were loose.