Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Worst Cruise Ever.

Sail Date: December 01, 2010

Traveled As: Family w/young children

Dilapidated, Old. They claim the ship was renovated in 2008. I would like to know what they renovated. My room was horrible. Dust behind the t.v. like you would not believe.

Pros: Camp Carnival

Cons: Staff

Recommends Carnival Destiny (RETIRED)? No.

They repeated alot of the dining choices.
Camp Carnivals staff was the best. Best part of the cruise (My son had a great time)
Great comedians
I found the ship to be dirty. Not as nice as the Freedom.
Carpet worn and dirty. Had to make sure I wore slippers at all times. lots of matted carpet around parts of the room. Disgusting. I complained but to no avail.
Horrible. Customer Service Desk was the worst. I purchased liquor from Nassau Bahamas to bring back to the states. (4) Bottles packed in (1) Box. Would you believe that I never received my purchases on the last day. The box disappeared from the confines of the ships staff. HOW DOES A BIG BOX OF LIQUOR JUST DISAPPEAR. I cruised December 13, 2010. Today is January 16th and I am still waiting to be compensated. They claim they are going to mail me a check for my loss. THERE NEVER SHOULD HAVE BEEN A LOSS. My purchase was given to the desk for safekeeping. Not so safe afterall. BEWARE!!!!