Great Carnival Destiny Cruise

Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) 28 Cruise Review to Caribbean

5 Night Eastern Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: January 10, 2011
BOARDING: Smooth and effortless. Everything has been fine tuned, and it is seamless. If you have your proper Identification, and baggage tags, etc. you're fine!

FOOD: EXCELLENT. Some buffets had pretty much American junk food, which i never touched (hot dogs, chix fingers, pizza, etc.) Why would i over eat with that? That's just me. The sit-down dinners were outstanding. Staff was VERY PROFESSIONAL, and great to interact with. They accommodated all my food requests.

EXCURSIONS: Pricey of course. Snorkeling and beach trips were not on my good list. I was herded, and was not free to snorkel on my own. On their private island, Half Moon Cay, the ONLY designated snorkel spot was alongside the beach area. VERY Busy, and oh, a kiddy slide into the water right by the snorkel area. I was very upset with that. They let me return my gear without the $20 rental fee price. Activites are overall very short as the boat leaves ON-TIME, and there isn't much time to "sit back and enjoy the music." I did enjoy each stop thoroughly though.
For the on-board entertainment, the only negative I have is that there are so many different activites listed, and I felt rushed through each one. They were only about a half hour each, and then the next interesting one would be on the other side of the ship. The decent ones overlapped many times, and scheduling was a pain at times. But each activity itself was great!

They had a large schedule just for kids. There should have been more advertising for it and it's schedule.

The ship was well decorated, great artwork on the walls, lighting was great. Overall it was a little dated, but very classy! The upper decks were amazing as there is a ton of room to move around and too much to list.

ROOMS: Small, but efficient. Shower was large! Had Shampoo and shower gel dispensers in the shower; very handy! TV played videos taken on the ship by staffed videographers, and how-to videos as well. Cleaning staff was EXCELLENT.
On-land, not much going on, not too scenic, but the OCEAN is FABULOUS. Diving was great, and snorkeling would be just the same. Time was VERY CRUNCHED. We went right to diving, and afterwards, walked right back to the ship to make the sail time! Two ships ported at the same time which made it CROWDED! I hate being herded along...
Don't Miss: Diving/Snorkeling
Beach was very nice, but too crowded. Self snorkel rental. A Waste of Money. Horrible snorkel location, right next to kids play area and off to the corner of the populated beach area.
Don't Miss: scheduled excursions
Atlantis is amazing, everyone must experience it once.
Don't Miss: Atlantis

Pros: Food and choices

Cons: Other guests

Recommends Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) 28? Yes!