Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

An amazing vacation

Sail Date: December 18, 2010

The ship was extremely clean, the staff was friendly and helpful, the food was delicious at every meal, and it was impossible to have anything but fun while on the ship.

Pros: The weather, the ship, and the exceptional service

Cons: Too many photo events on the ship.

Recommends Carnival Destiny (RETIRED)? Yes!

The live entertainment was the best - the Latino-style band, the rock-style band, the man from the Wiz who performed in the main hall, and the late-night comedian on the last night we were on the cruise were the highlights of the entertainment on the ship. Extremely enjoyable!
Our stewards, Johannes and Ramon, were incredible. Our room was immaculate whenever we returned. Johannes made our stay even more spectacular than it would have been by going out of his way to say hello and make us feel welcome, as well as immediately responding to any request. Maria Luz at the martini bar, and the dining team Sushant, Adrian, and Jose (in the Galaxy dining room) made our stay even more enjoyable with outstanding and friendly service.
George Town, Grand Cayman
The snorkeling and stingray bay excursion that we participated in was absolutely amazing. The water was clear, the guides were friendly, and the aquatic life was beautiful.
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Dunn River Falls was a fun excursion, but it was overly crowded with other tourists, and the guides were too pushy to force participants to do things for photos. I wanted to enjoy myself on this excursion and felt like I was being pushed into doing things I didn't want, when I was paying for it.