Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Unlikely to sail with Carnival again

Sail Date: December 01, 2010

This was my first Carnival cruise and I was so disappointed. Moral of the story-you get what you pay for. I've been on Royal Caribbean 2 times and those were vacations of a lifetime. I don't have one negative thing to say about either of the RC ships that I was on. The Destiny was old but recently refurbished so I gave it a chance. Standing in line at the Lido buffet was a joke! Long lines and mediocre food along with swarms of people are what we greeted each day. Our guest room attendant did a good job but overall, the ship was gross and smelled like a toilet. Nothing was clean. The staff seemed overworked and unhappy. This fact was not surprising as a lot of the clientele left something to be desired....
I'm not a picky person! It was just hard to go from the standards of Royal Caribbean to Carnival's apparent standards. Next time, I will pay the extra couple hundred bucks and do Royal Caribbean.

Pros: my companions on the cruise

Cons: staff was rude and ship was dirty

Recommends Carnival Destiny (RETIRED)? No.

Overall, pretty gross. The decor was embarrassing and dusty. I can't count how many fingerprints were all over everything and several light bulbs were out. No attention to detail
The only thing you got from most staff when you asked a question was a grunt and a point.
ambiance was not good. We were sat right by the kitchen. It was LOUD! Our waiters seemed stressed constantly. There was not a ton of variety on the menu each night. On my last 2 cruises with RC, I had a hard time choosing because there was too much! On Carnival, I had a hard time choosing because there was not enough.
Size was good. Shower was spacious. We had a great attendant.
The comedy shows were good.