Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean

First Cruise

Sail Date: December 01, 2010

This was our first cruise so we do not have anything to compare to. We absolutely enjoyed the service by the crew, especially the dinning room crew and our steward. Our room was cleaned twice a day and we took advantage of the formal dinning room where you received excellent service and your table was always ready for you upon arrival and the service was superb. Although I budgeted over $3,000.00 to spend on the trip (and that was sufficient), there were a lot of things you have to be aware of as a first time cruiser. You must pay for all drinks (i.e. wine, beer, liquor and soda) that you have on the ship and on shore; however, if you like ice tea and lemonade, you can avoid the drink expense. Also, the excursions can be a little pricey; however, you can get off the ship and lay on the beach without cost. Overall, my wife and I had a great time and enjoyed the cruise very much and plan to go back in the future with our daughter.

Pros: Service was fantastic, especially at dinner

Cons: Pictures were taken at every port

Recommends Carnival Destiny (RETIRED)? Yes!

Very large ship that took little time to get use to getting around on.
To me this was one of the best features. You have the option to dine in the formal dinning room or the informal buffet style dinning room. I would highly suggest
It is a little small, but overall is a good size for two people. My room had a balcony off the back of the ship that helped make the room seem much larger. Has a private toilet, sink and shower for each room.
Excellent service from the whole crew.
I thought the excursions were a little too expensive, but they were on time and prompt at each location. I thought the entertainment that we attended on board the ship was excellent.
Grand Turk Island
Another great beach location. It was also very commercial
Has some shopping. We enjoyed the tour of the town and the history of Nassau.
Half Moon Cay, Bahamas (Private Island)
Great beach, but very commercial.