Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Carnival Destiny's up's and downs.

Sail Date: October 23, 2010

Carnival Destiny had problems, we had a 5day crise to jamaica and Cayman islands, the boat wouldn't make it to cayman so we detoured to key west for them to fix it, they fixed it and we went to jamaica of course we did get some type of refund which went to the sail and sign cards. I was disappointed but not to much I just slept that day away.

Food: can be cold but is good, you just have to understand that with all these people the food was pre cooked and brought up and it will sit in the server's area until you finish your appetizer. By the time we got the food half the time it was cold but still enjoyable. You have to know the right times for the buffet's other wise you will stand for a while in a long line.

Costumer Service: SUCKED, The foreigners on this ship no nothing besides what they do, they can't even tell you where the ship is going and you can't make out what they say so don't bother wasting your time. Ask your room steward, who is never around but you can call them. The foreigners can be rude to you. There are NO AMERICANS working on these ships, I seen more foreigners than americans taking the cruise in general.

Overall: It was fun, the hip hop club was popping, Our room was cleaned sometimes twice a day although one day nobody cleaned it which is fine I'm not to good to clean my own messes. The servers in the dining rooms take FOREVER to bring you your food. Bathroom facilities were clean. The pools were ocean water which I didn't like. It's not as crowded as I thought it was going to be. Just don't set your standards to high.

Pros: free food

Cons: If you don't like speaking to Foreigners over the phone, imagine face to face.

Recommends Carnival Destiny (RETIRED)? No.

Foreigners they are hard to understand, they don't know what you are saying/talking about, they gave a lot of wrong answers. They can be rude and snobby.
can be cold in both dining room and buffet, servers take their time getting to you and your food.
Comedian was hilarious I loved the show.
We had balcony and it was very enjoyable.
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Loved it. I was told horror stories about this country but it's not true at all. Jamaicans are very polite with the occassional pushy flea market people trying to get you to buy things. You cross the street everybody driving will stop to allow you to pass. Getting green is very easy here and negociable don't settle for the first price.