Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Good cruise

Sail Date: September 16, 2010

Overall impression was a good one.

Pros: Camp Carnival was awesome!

Recommends Carnival Destiny (RETIRED)? Yes!

I expected more of a variety of food at our dining restaurant. The quality of food was pretty good and presentation was good but expected better.
Many of the ship staff were very helpful for our needs but we did encounter a few who seemed annoyed that we asked questions or needed assistance above what what was provided.
Selection and variety of entertainment was good and well planned.
The best part of the cruise for me was the Children's Programs. Our kids never wanted to leave as the staff was so much fun and the activities were awesome. It's very comforting to know that the people you leave your children with for any amount of time take good care of them to the extent that they don't want to leave. They made lots of friends and my 5-year old just loved Funship Freddie.
We were in a 5-person cabin and the size was very adequate for a cruise cabin. Three twin-sized beds accommodated my children at night and my husband slept in a king (2 twins pushed together) and there was still room to move about the cabin. The bathroom was a little larger than that of a previous Carnival cruise we took years ago.