Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

I would never go carnival again

Sail Date: August 28, 2010

I am a first time cruiser. Had it not been for my family I would have been miserable. I thought to room was small and had very little space to move around. Most of the staff members were rude and disrespectful. There was one line to room service so it really was not available because it was always busy. The staff scrutinized everything as if we were criminals. It was a family reunion and I thought the deal was great for the tickets. However the service was awful and when you are done adding all the hidden charges one was not aware of it was not cheap at all. I would have much rather paid more to get better service. My familly has been on many cruises and they thought this ship by far was the worst of them all. On the plus side. I Loved the maitre d. He made up for the rest of the cruise. He does his job very well and always pleasant even in the midst of chaos. He made that ship worth being on, A+ for him.

Pros: The attitude of the maitre D, he was so professional and pleasant, he was great

Cons: The space was to small, very closed in and most of the staff was rude

Recommends Carnival Destiny (RETIRED)? No.

with the exception of a few crew members the rest were just rude. At times I saw pure fatigue on their faces, it made me wonder about their work conditions. They are obviously OVERWORKED. SHAME ON CARNIVAL. This is not a SWEATSHOP or a PLANTAITION.
one person said in the daycare that if the child cries then the parent has to come and get the child, i wanted to tell her that if you don't want to hear any children cry then maybe you should not work in the daycare then cause guess what kids cry.
The evening dinners were great. The chef did a good job and the maitre d was icing on the cake.
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
time stop at port too short
Don't Miss: all of them
George Town, Grand Cayman
didn't too much care for hell, but still good
Don't Miss: rum cake tasting