Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

A beautiful ship

Sail Date: August 05, 2010

Over all the cruise was excellent . I noticed though the service was slacked. The dinning room attendants a little slow. Not one person took my arm to help me to my seat for meals. The food service personnel was the same as a regular resturant and I expected better than ordinary

Pros: There was 4 of us sailing. We had 1 balcony room. The room was big enough for all of us and the bedding was perfect to sleep in .the window and door where spacious. The ship was beautiful everywhere on the ship. from the dining rooms, pool areas and the spa.

Cons: I thougt the food was a little too basic and cold in the cafeteria lines. The food areas are too close together making for huge lines

Recommends Carnival Destiny (RETIRED)? Yes!

The cafeteria lines where too long. The speciality foods should be spread out more to break up long lines. The food in the cafteria was on the cold side . The food attendants did help with special requests at the cafteria line . An example was Excuse me does this item have cheese in it ? The response was "I do not understand" with a smile.
I really felt after the tips where paid out the service from the staff declined to average rating
The Carnival Destiny was a beautiful ship to look at . I did feel the cleaniness lacked. There was dishes and glassware in public areas that was was not picked up for over an hour. I did not feel any extra warmth or happiness from the staff. when I had contact with them,I felt many times is was just another person on the ship . I usally had to say hello first to the staff as we passed each other in the halls etc
The bedding was so comfortable and the room was ample for the 4 of us
The dancing shows where excellent . Everyond I talked to on the ship agreed. The production was as a good as a Las vegas show. The entire show staff where at their there finest.
Key West, Florida
The Jet skiing tour was fantastic . The parasailing over at Smathers beach was fun too