The Worst Cruise Ever

Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) 28 Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

5 Night Western Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: July 31, 2010
Ship: Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) 28
In my opinion, this was the worst cruise I've ever taken. The ship's staff were unaccommodating. The ship had too many people on it. Camp carnival had very poorly planned activities and stuck my kids in smoked filled lounges. As for the adults, there were barely any shows playing. Even the Bingo was a nightly activitiy that was unattendable. Overall, I would not recommend this cruise to a family!!!

The food was good

There was a comedian and/or show scheduled on the 2nd night or the last night. Because the lounges and discos were used for camp carnival, these were not available until until after 10 pm

My children were playing in smoke filled lounges. When I asked the staff why, they informed me that the ship was an old ship and not equiped for camp. They proceeded to tell me to take it up with headquarters back in Miami. Very rude

The willingness of the taff was unacceptable. Nobody knew anything and even bartending staff was hard to get a hold of. Room service took about 1.5 hrs or was non existant.

Just walked around
We took a shore excursion to a beach. The beach staff tried but a disappointment.

Pros: the food

Cons: the ship

Recommends Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) 28? No.