Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

A great experience

Sail Date: May 13, 2010

The ship was very clean and spacious. We really enjoyed our room, which had window. We were surprised by how large it was, and how quickly it was cleaned in the morning.
There were a lot of different things to do on the ship, but we enjoyed the elegant dinners in the evening the best. The food was fantastic, and our servers were incredible. By the end of the week we felt like they were a part of our group!

Pros: I like the dinners on the cruise.

Cons: I didn't like how loud the pool area was. You could hardly hear anything other than the really loud music when I was out there.

Recommends Carnival Destiny (RETIRED)? Yes!

Some of the entertainment was very good, but the last night the show was horrible.
We enjoyed the food in the dining rooms, but didn't like the buffets.
The staff was wonderful.
Our excursion was great. We could not have had better tour guides. I didn't like the shopping area at the port. It was very "Disney World" and didn't feel like we ever left the U.S. I wish we would have been able to go into town and shop there. However, no one would really help us figure out how to get there.
Don't Miss: Discover Mexico and Chukhaah (not sure of the spelling)
Key West, Florida
We went to Truman's White Houe. It was wonderful. I highly recommend it. We would have liked to take the trolley tour, but we ran out of time.
Don't Miss: Truman