An Amazing Cruise!

Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) 28 Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) 28

5 Night Western Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)

Sail Date: May 08, 2010

Ship: Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) 28

Review Summary

The ship was beyond my expectations. It had many amenities and much more. I was impressed with how much fun I had on a ship.

Ship Experiences

The food was great. I never went hungry. The dining times were convenient for me because I had the option of choosing a time that suited me. There were a wide variety of food ranging from fine dining to pizza and burgers. There was food fit for every age group.

The entertainment was well organized. A schedule is placed on your bed every night to get a feel of what is in stored the next day. There were so many activities to do that sometimes we didn't know which one to go to because they all seemed exciting and fun.

The staff and crew were amazing! They were very kind and were always willing to help you. They made this cruise pleasant to be on and even encourages me to take another cruise. Even though they work long hours they are always willing to make you comfortable and offer you the best of services.

The size first of all was tremendous and having been a first time cruiser I was amazed by that. The ship was well thought out and everything was set out conveniently. The decor and layout of the ship made it home-like.

We had an oceanview room and the size was big enough for a family of four. I did not like however that there were only 1 big bed and a bunk bed. The bunk bed was uncomfortable. It would have been better if there were 2 beds in the room. Also, the bathroom floods out when showering too long. The ship is big on conserving water so maybe this was done on purpose to reduce water use. There was plenty of room to move around and there were many spacious drawers and closets.

Ports Of Call

Ocho Rios, Jamaica

Really great port of call. The Dunn's River falls is a must see and climbing the falls is a wonderful experience. We took a tour of the city and really enjoyed it because when the driver finished our tour he asked us if we had anywhere in particular we wanted to go. They were very considerate of us being tourists and warned us of "hustlers" and told us not to accept the price but to bargain to a much cheaper price.
Don't Miss: Dunn's River Falls

George Town, Grand Cayman

Hell, Seven Mile Beach, Tortuga rum cake shop, turtles, and dolphins were the attractions in this port of call and all of these can be accomplished in a tour of the city.
Don't Miss: Seven Mile Beach

Pros: Great shows and fun activities

Cons: The emergency drill was very chaotic and confusing

Recommends Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) 28? Yes!