Great time!

Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) 28 Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Helpful Vote: 1

5 Night Western Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: May 08, 2010
Ship: Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) 28
We had an amazing time. We were lucky with the weather and were put at a dinner table with people we really enjoyed. Grand Cayman Island was beautiful and enjoyable. And of course, the food was great.

The food in the dining room was wonderful and all of the other restaurants were great too.

We like the comedy and believe it or not, the juggling. Dana Tison, check out his website, was amazing. I thought, "Juggler?" but it was a highlight. And we really enjoyed watching Avatar under the stars one night. The first comedian was WAY better than the second, but I don't remember either of their names. I think the people who ran the events were very good, but I expected better entertainment. Especially the last night. The Vegas type shows weren't so much to our taste.

YOu couldn't ask for nicer and more accommodating staff.

Ship size, layout, condition of all areas, cleanliness and accessibility were all top notch.

We loved out room! We got one with a balcony and that was REALLY worth it. Although small, the room was classy and well appointed.
I love Jamaica and have been there a few times. Also, its the third time I climbed Dunn's River Falls. But doing it in a huge group - that wasn't so much fun. Also, everyone is trying to sell something. Although I understand why, that part wasn't too enjoyable.
We had a wonderful boat ride to a reef and snorkeled and saw sting rays. The boat captain and his staff were wonderful. It was called Reef 'n Rays Snorkeling for 3 hours and cost $44.95 each - well worth it! Also, we visited a restaurant for lunch called Paradise, within walking distance from the port. Our advice: bypass all of the chain restaurants! You can go to a Margarittaville or Hard Rock anywhere. This restaurant was reasonable, right on the water, and had amazing food - I had the Mahi Mahi Cayman style. Really worth a try. Try Paradise.
Don't Miss: snorkeling

Pros: Service, beauty of ship, people

Cons: Entertainment was spotty

Recommends Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) 28? No.