Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Mixed Emotions

Sail Date: April 01, 2010

I guess I will start top down. The mini golf on deck 11 was awesome. It was right on the tail of the ship. Dec 10 was the spa deck and the first day deals were great. I really enjoyed the massage and facial. Deck 9 was the Lido Deck. I thought the food was excellent, but the pools were disappointing. There are small pools that can comfortably fit maybe 20 people, and maybe 10 in the hot tub. There are 3,000 people on the boat. Deck 5 was where the action was. The casino was OK, Fun 21 and Face up Blackjack were interesting. But they put the used cards back inot the shuffler at the end of each hand. That was terrible. The Coffee shop was always empty but had some good coffee and milk shakes. The APollo Bar (Piano Bar) was excellent! Great sing alongs with the man behind the piano. Point After Disco was also disappointing. Too many TVs, not enough dance floor. And dance themed nights (70's, 80's flashback) lasted a half hour. Thats like 5 songs. The Palladium Lounge was phenomonal. Exceelent shows, games and comedy. My biggest surprise of the trip. The other bars were OK, but they are what they are, just a bar. No gimmick, nothing that stood out. The shops were highly disappointing. The duty free stuff was OK, but we are big people and could not find one article of clothing to fit. Really? I am a 2XL. That was ridiculous. The galaxy dining room was excelllent. Excellent food and staff. It truly added a touch of class to the ship. Finally, our staterooom was an interior on Upper Deck 6. It wasn't really too tiny, and it had everything we need.ed. Our room steward was outstanding. And, with the pitch blacness of an interior cabin and the rocking of the ship, I never slept better.Overall, I give the ship a B-.

Pros: I loved the food, the service and the events planned each night. The beaches were beautiful, but I would like a little more direction on what to do outside the cruise center.

Cons: It was one big sales pitch. Buy photos, more drinks (my drink is full, thank you for the 5th time!) lots of folks chasing you down in port. Also, I think they stopped putting alcohol in the drinks by Day 3.

Recommends Carnival Destiny (RETIRED)? Yes!