Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Mexico

Beautiful weather!

Sail Date: January 01, 2010

The ship was great. I didn't like the cruise directors informational session about shopping. There were selected stores he suggested and after shopping we found out they were all owned as a franchise. It was obvious that he would get a commission from recommending shopping and purchases at these stores. He also told us it was about a 30 minute walk from port to town. It was 3 miles.

I didn't like that we received $50 per person back because we did not stop in Key West. They made it sound like they were giving us something when in reality they were giving our port charges back. They knew before we sailed that the turbine was out. As a matter of fact, they sailed right back out the day we returned without the turbine be repaired. So when do they plan on repairing it?

The stewards and stewardess's were great! They were very helpful and attentive. The food was pretty good. I was disappointed that the midnight buffet was not more elaborate as on other cruises I've been on.

The captain was very good. Very informative and kept us up to date.

The upgrade was great.

Overall for the price paid the cruise was good. I don't know that I would recommend this particular boat, but I would recommend Carnival.

Pros: The weather was great, the big screen TV on the sun deck was a plus.

Cons: The change in intinerary

Recommends Carnival Destiny (RETIRED)? Yes!