First Time Cruise Exprience

Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) 28 Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Sail Date: January 01, 2010
My friend and I took a cruise to the Western Carribean on the Carnival Destiny. The ship was amazing, there's lots to do and they have great shows. However, because of problems with the ship we did not make it to our destinations, Jamaica and Grand Cayman. Apparently, the propeler was not working right so we were not going at the speed that would get us to our destinations on time. I believe the crew knew about this problem before we even left since we left 3 and 1/2 hours late. I wish the crew could have been up front about it before we left instead of waiting to tell us the next night so people could have the oppurtunity to get off if they didn't feel safe. We did get a refund of $75 since we did not make it to our destinations and we did go to Nassau, Bahamas for a day. I had already been to the Bahamas so I wasn't really to excited about that. I've heard that the Destiny is an older ship and it's had a lot of problems like this in the past, that's why I do not reccomend this ship. I would still go on another Carnival cruise but I would make sure to go on a newer ship.

Pros: The ship was awesome and had lots of activities and shows

Cons: We did not make it to our destinations.

Recommends Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) 28? No.