Not the best ship

Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) 28 Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Contributor Level: Second Mate

5 Night Eastern Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: August 24, 2009
Ship: Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) 28
The ship had a strange layout...We had to stand in line for extended periods of time at the buffet...Too large a ship...For the most part, the crew was not friendly or helpful and our cabin was right below the pool area, so the noise at noise was at times unbearable..Room service was the worst I've ever had. always forgot something and got it wrong when they were called again and BEWARE...If shopping be careful I think the ship turns in your receipts to Customs! I made the mistake of shopping on board and customs was waiting for me at check out.
The excursions were good but not long enough The sting ray swim was neat
The Atlantis is worth seeing but the Island is the same as the rest..A tourist trap and dirty
Don't Miss: Atlantis
Not much there

Pros: dining room

Cons: the cabin and room service

Recommends Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) 28? No.