Disappointment

Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) 28 Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

6 Night Western Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: September 21, 2008
Ship: Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) 28
Apparently youj don't want to know - I've tried 4 times now to enter my opinion and each time I finished, I am told My Session Expired! Probably becuase we had so much to complain about! Told to be a Port by 12-12:30 for 4:00 departure! We waited for 4+ hours in the heat, in the port lobby with 3,000 upset passengers - no food, no water, empty drink machines and we hadn't even got on ship! No welcoming party - no caribbean music! Just a blaring Videotron of RAP MUSIC day and night - day after day! No explanation of delays - left Port after 9:00 PM!!! (that's a 5+ hour delay!) Heard lots of experienced passengers complaining! We took another couple to share the experience - and we were embarrassed!l
The tram ride - beautiful views from the tram and from the top - fantastic!
Don't Miss: Food!!!! Loved it!
Hell, Grand Caymen - the rum tour! Loved our tour guide - he was great Took us to a beautiful beach along Seven Mile Beach - even arranged for a ride back to the ship at no extra charge!
Don't Miss: The water! It's heaven!
Love Key West Enjoy it every trip!
Don't Miss: The BARS!!!! It's a shame we don't party as much as we used to! OH Yes, my husband said Don't Miss the conch fritters!!!!!!

Pros: The Ports - especially Hell, Grand Caymen & the Rum Factory

Cons: The ship - the long lines - waiting to finally set sail !!!!

Recommends Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) 28? No.