Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Good cruise Bad Excursion

Sail Date: March 01, 2007

First of all we belong to the Carnival Vacation Club- Suppose to be VIP's.
Getting on the ship went well. We really had no complaints about the ship until it came time to disembark. We were promised by the Carnival Vacation Club representatives that sold us the plan, contiential breakfast while waiting to disembark and a representative to meet the Carnival Vacation Club Group. Well it didn't happen. We did receive priority tags and instructions on were to be and time to be there. That was it. No one was there to meet with us and it took no less than three calls to the pursers desk and an hour and 1/2 for somone to rush in and say ok let's go. This is after the debarkation of a lot of other people. We had an early flight and were no better off than if we had disembarked with everyone else. All I feel that I got for the money that Carnival has of mine is 4 chocolate strawberries on a plate. No VIP special affair, nothing.

In reference to the Shore Excursion- We took an excursion in St. Thomas that was a snorkling tour to Christmas Cove. They had one of the rudest people working for them. I have been on many snorkling excursion all over the Carribean and have never met anyone like the woman working on this excursion. I actually heard another customer of theirs that asked for a refill on their drink and her response was just go sit down and I will get you more when I get a chance. Also I went to get my belongings and she told me go sit down I'll bring them to you later. How Rude. I would not recommend this excursion to anyone. Do they not realize that we are their livelyhood. I will not pay to be insulted by the likes of this person.
I went on three other snorkling tours while on this cruise and had a wonderful time. The people working on them were pleasant and most helpful.
So if you go to St. Thomas don't go on the catamaran to Christmas Cove unless you like paying to be insulted.They also advertised that they had beer for sale on the boat and they didn't have any.

Overall cruise was good. Just these things put a damper on it.

Pros: Our room stewart was wonderful

Cons: Disembarkation & Catamaran Shore Excursion to Christmas cove

Recommends Carnival Destiny (RETIRED)? Yes!