Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean

Not a good experience

Sail Date: August 01, 2006

Trip was not my first . Three other times were great. But this was very discouraging after receiving my bill on board. I had two young ladies with me as well as one young man. Two young ladies [one my grandaughter age 15 1/2] and the other 17 were able to go to the beauty salon and run a bil up of $ $55. for gratuity each for a total of $656. That was 8/15 and believe it or not on 8/17 one of the two ran up a bill of $200. plus a gratoity of$20. and the other spent $75. plus a gratuity of $15. a grand total of $1,656. not too shabby in my book . I checked with purserer about my bil and questioned AGE limit , restrictions , and so on. Response was we have nothing and their aloud to do that. Furious you bet. Point is I think you folks should get it together and check it out and see that it doesn't happen to another ol guy (74 years of age trying to make a couple of kids happy). One other complaint. The food stations had a very distinct smell and odor which was very offensive(smelled like the old mess hall's of my service time. Other than that trip was good.

Cons: What I had written up above