Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) Cruise Review

This was my first cruise and my wife's 8th. The ship was beautiful, and would suggest to anyone the balcony rooms. It is a wonderful experience to sit outside in your own private hideaway, to feel the breeze flow around you. I even fell asleep out there one night. My main disappointment was the lines. For everything. I spent too much time standing in line. With 3,400 passengers on our cruise we felt like we were at a shopping mall on Christmas Eve. The shows were superb and entertaining. There are tons of activities, and special little events to keep you going throughout the day. Even though they allowed smoking on the ship the only place I, as an asthma sufferer, had problems with smoke was the casino. Oh, well it was better not to lose too much money anyway. Dinner was well presented with flourish of color and taste, yet my appetite asked for more. I must mention though to get more food all you have to do is ask. The other diners at our table, also felt original portions were a bit small. The doctor's office was very helpful with an ear ache I had, they even had the ability to fill a prescription for my ear ache. For all the fun we had I would say our cruise was very enjoyable, but the long lines on board were a bit of a disappointment.