Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Sixth Cruise for me, First for my wife

Sail Date: March 01, 2010

This was my 6th cruise and I enjoyed it. Although it was somewhat short (5 day) the food was decent, if not very good, and the stops were great.

Grand Turk has some rocky beaches so bring your diving shoes. Great water and some fish are visible.

Half Moon Cay had flour-like sand and absolutely the clearest water I have ever seen. Was cold at this time of year (70's) but not bad. Not much to see during snorkeling except clear water all the way to the bottom.

Nassau has what you would expect as the Capital of the Bahamas. Excursions are varied, however the best would probably be the ones offered through the Atlantis Resort - which you can make through Carnival or by yourself.
Overall a very nice trip. Had many memories. Highly recommend a balcony room.

Pros: The Service

Cons: Short Excursion Times

Recommends Carnival Destiny (RETIRED)? Yes!

Seems like an older ship but is very well maintained. Pools are clean and paint is new. Rooms are a bit older but are serviced very regularly.
Dining staff was great. They do nightly performances. Variety has room for improvement but food was very good.
Size was decent. Decor was older. Amenities were minimal - TV, mirrors, etc. Condition of the stateroom was well maintained by the staff.
Ship staff was great! We actually lost our luggage due to weather delays, etc and the staff actually went above and beyond. "Elena" in the Customer Relations department on the boat was wonderful. We got our bags in Grand Turk because of their dedication and they drove us from the airport to the port on time even though our flight was delayed.
Nightly shows, comedies, pools, basketball, movies. There was plenty to do on the ship and plenty to do on the shores.
It seemed to have good activities for children as well - although I am not 100% sure as we do not have kids as of yet. Teens had dance clubs and they seemed happy on the cruise.