Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean

The worst Cruise line ever

Sail Date: January 01, 2010

I would advise canceling and going with a different company. I have cruised with Carnival 5 times and the last two times were horrible. I just got off Destiny on Thursday and I have decided to never sail with Carnival again. The boat was suppose to go to Jamaica and instead because of mechanical problems (that have been going on for over a year according to a google search) we went to Cozumel. The cruise then went from the $500/person I paid to $199/person a week before the cruise. We were then given a measly $50 onboard credit. There was a group of 30 of us going for a wedding. When I went to complain to the information desk on the boat about the price difference for a Jamaican cruise to a Mexican cruise, they said "if you don't like it, get off the boat". I was just amazed at the disrespect from there customer service and management. This is not the first time I have had problems with the customer service, I could go on and on. Just today I looked at my bank account and they charged me for my onboard purchases and then charged me an additional $490. Of course customer service gave me another number to call who in turn gave me another number to call and now I'm waiting on a call back. Every time there was an issue with one of my cruises, I was left with disappointment and no answers. The staff on the ship is amazing but if you have any issues with your cruise, you mine as well be talking to a brick wall. I am very easy to please and I am not exaggerating. Please take this into consideration when planning your vacation. Read more reviews of people who have had problems come up.

Pros: On board staff

Cons: Customer service

Recommends Carnival Destiny (RETIRED)? No.