The Worst Cruise I've Ever Been on!!!!

Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) 28 Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

7 Night Southern Caribbean (San Juan Roundtrip)
Sail Date: July 08, 2007
Ship: Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) 28
Cabin Type: Suite
I have been on 4 Cruises before this cruise and one was on this ship in 2000, and this was definitely the worst cruise I have ever been on, and IT WAS MY HONEYMOON!!! The whole ship was dirty and smelt of cigarettes. The first night while my husband was showering tiles fell off of the wall in the shower of our suite. There were barely any activities, and this is supposed to be a fun ship?? The food was HORRIBLE!!! Every person we talked to on the ship complained about how bad the food was, so I know it wasn't just me! The worst part of all was that my parents had sent us a honeymoon package and we never received it!!! When we went down to the information desk on the last day of the cruise(after we talked to my parents and found out that they had sent us the package) the woman at the front desk was very rude to us and told us that they sent it, but we never got it!!! They probably sent it to the wrong room, but how is that our problem??? I have cruised on 3 Norwegian Cruises and have never experienced what I did on this cruise. I will NEVER cruise Carnival again, only Norwegian!!!

Everyone we talked to complained about how bad the food was!!!

Not many activities. The shows were boring.

They were all very friendly except for the one woman at the information desk.

Very old and dirty

We had a suite, it was an alright size, but tiles fell off of the wall in our shower.
You must do the 5 Star Catamaran cruise. It was awesome!!!! The island itself was beautiful!!!

Pros: Staff Was Friendly

Cons: Everything Else

Recommends Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) 28? No.