Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Nonreliable ship aka Carnival Destiny

Sail Date: January 01, 2010

Me and myfamily and friends sailed out Jan 16 to go to Jamaica and Cayman Islands. Well we never made it... we floated in the sea for 4 days! The ship had some propel problem and couldn't pick up enough speed to get us to the islands. Instead we had to turn around and go to Nassau, Bahamas (a place I went to last year and had no desire to go again so soon and a place that is only 50 miles from Miami). After reading the other reviews below now, that wish I had seen before planning my trip, this ship has been having this same problem the past few months. They did credit us $75 but thats not enough for never making it to none of our ports! I suggest going with a newer carnival ship or another company entirely. I believe Carnival new about this problem before we even sailed off since we left like 2-3 hours later than the scheduled time and the other reviews also suggest this has been an ongoing problem with Destiny! They are cheating people out of money when booking this Caribbean destination!

Pros: Food was good, fun entertainment, relaxing environment on the ship

Cons: We never made it to our ports!!

Recommends Carnival Destiny (RETIRED)? No.

Ship was nice and big.
Rooms were small like expected.
Staff was good
Food was good
They made the cruise enjoyable.