Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

A worst Cruise

Sail Date: December 01, 2009

Room Type: Suite

I booked a cruise (Carnival Destiny), West Caribbean, between 12/24 and 12/28. One of two cabins was a suite, second largest cabin on the boat. When I booked online, there was a photo to show how this cabin looks like. I called the customer support from Carnival, I was told this cabin can sleep max 5 people.

When I boarded the ship, I found out the cabin was not like what I saw in the online photo. It is much smaller. I immediately reported to the information desk on the boat, and also talked to the manager. He told me that the photo on the website was made by cooperate; he did not know why it showed differently. He said he could not do anything since it has been debarked. He asked to call cooperate after the trip.

After trip, I contacted the guest care department regarding to the issue over the phone and website. They told me that the photographs shown in our brochures are a basic idea of the type of cabin a guest might expect to receive.

I understand the photo may not show exactly what the cabin is. But from the photos between the cabin we got (I have a photo of the cabin to prove) and the one advertized on the Internet it shows the obvious size difference. The big one is the desk and chair is missing in the cabin I got from the online cabin photo. With this desk and chair, it would have blocked the entrance path in the cabin. This clearly indicates the cabin I got is much smaller. Furthermore, there is no way to sleep 5 people at all as I was told.

They admitted the difference I mentioned. I think it is very bad way to do business by misleading people with unrealistic photos of cabins.

I strongly do not recommend anybody to travel with this cruise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Recommends Carnival Destiny (RETIRED)? No.

never trust the photos on the brochure or online. The staterooms are much smaller, dirty and not comfortable at all. They did it purposely to mislead customers
expect gambling, no many activities.