Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Worst Cruise Ever! Be WARNED

Sail Date: January 01, 2010

I was on the carnival destiny. This is my first time cruising with carnival and it will be my last. My first cruise was with norwegian on the SKY and it far surpass anything carnival had to offer. The Carnival Destiny was an older ship and had no stability control, we felt every movement of the boat. We were in sailing in a storm and the boat was rocking non-stop for 2 DAYS, I felt like I was still rocking when I got home to my house. Norwegian was a modern ship and we felt very little movement if any through rough waters. I paid $11 for a small bottle of Tylenol, very many things on this ships disturbed me and I wanted to leave the ship as soon as I got on and was having my first meal and was harassed by their waiters to buy their drink special over 6 times. I do NOT recommend this ship or this cruiseline.

Pros: The staff was good, that is the only thing

Cons: Pay for SODA, Poor food Quality, Food Lines, Unstable boat. Expensive alcoholic beverages.

Recommends Carnival Destiny (RETIRED)? No.

The ship was just UGLY and outdated. The ship looks like it was built in the 70s. It had tile walls in the dining area and copper plated walls throughout the ship. The furniture and interior design is very old, I don't know if it was the theme of the cruise to be a 70s thing, but no one told me and I would have definitely not picked this cruise.
This was the issue that ticked me off the most. There were LONG lines and not many servers for those lines. There were not that many eateries, mainly 1 larger buffet serving area and only TWO restaurants and you were limited to ONE. The food quality was horrible. After finding some decent "looking" food, I ended up spending the whole night in the bathroom. Room service had very limited choices and not very appetizing. Another thing that ratted me was the fact that we had to PAY for soda. Never have I had to PAY for soda on a cruise. The alcoholic beverages were way over priced!! The waiter told me a bucket of 4! beers was 17 dollars at a discount, which is WAY overpriced as it was and on the statement it was marked as $20!! that is RIDICULOUS, on the norwegian cruiseline, it was $12 for 6 beers. It was cheaper to buy your alcohol from their store and drink it.
There was absolutely nothing to do on this ship but GAMBLE. There musical shows were horrible and yes, even it was outdated. I spent most of the time in my stateroom. Most of my enjoyment of this trip was when I was OFF the boat. We went to mexico and was encouraged on how CHEAP everything was, but during the shopping on the pier shops it was U.S prices it was ridiculously expensive for MEXICO!!. I guess you had to go inland for the true mexican prices.
The T.V. kept broadcasting Denver news.
The staff was really nice, it was a shame they had to work on a ship like this.