Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Sail Date: November 01, 2009

The ship was very easy on the eyes. It was clean and festively decorated. However, the fact that our destination was not where it we planned, ruinned the trip. Carnival offered a refund which would have taken 7 business days to post to our account.

This was our first cruise celebrating our second anniversary and I was very disappointed. Next time, we will travel with a better cruise line and pay the extra money to cruise where we planned initially.

I have heard from several cruisers that this is not the first time Carnival has changed the route for the same reason! I WILL NEVER TAKE ANOTHER CARNIVAL CRUISE!!

Cruising to Jamaica is not the same price as cruising to the Bahamas, however the Carnival rep argued me down that it was. PLEASE, FIRST TIME CRUISERS, DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY WITH CARNIVAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pros: The service from the food service staff was great

Cons: We were scheduled to go to Jamaica, and the cruise line changed our trip the DAY BEFORE THE CRUISE! We ended up going to the dirty Bahamas and traveling the sea in a circle for the same price! The only incentive they gave us was $50! I will definitely never cruise with CARNIVAL again!

Recommends Carnival Destiny (RETIRED)? No.