Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean

Pick Another Ship!

Sail Date: October 01, 2009

Welllll....I had a great time on this ship, but it had nothing to do with the ship itself, staff, food, or activities on board and that's for sure! I have cruised with Carnival many times as a child and now as a young adult. I was so looking forward to sitting on the deck sipping mojitos with no care in the world. Well, believe you me that happened...but it had nothing to do with DESTINY! Staff was super rude (we couldn't get ice or a wine opener for hours...even after offering to go get it from them), we could never find someone to get us a drink (even at the bars), and activities were few and far between. We went on this cruise over Halloween would think they'd be prepared for a wild time. Think again. BOOOO on Destiny. I will cruise with Carnival again, as I feel it's usually great, however I strongly advise people AGAINIST choosing Destiny. Make it short with a 3 day to the Bahamas or maybe a ship out of Tampa port. Take my advice. It's a good price for a reason. :(

Pros: Schedule

Cons: Everything!

Recommends Carnival Destiny (RETIRED)? No.

BLAH! I mean, I may be a picky eater but could always find decent food on these cruise ships. This was a first. We went to the formal dinner on the first night and almost didn't go on the Captains Ball night just because we felt like it was a waste of time. The food was horrible! And I am pretty easy to please (even though it seems I am a complainer based on this review, i'm really not!).
Staff was unfriendly and it was almost impossible to get a drink! I have cruised on several other Carnival ships that made it almost impossible NOT to drink and here we were trying to hunt a cocktail server down!
Read Below.
There was never anything going on! I am used to cruising on ships where you have to choose from several options and this boat was BORING!
Room was typical, we had a balcony on the back, top level of cabins on ship. Definitely recommend that location as the sunset is AMAZING.