first and last cruise on Carnival

Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) 28 Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Sail Date: September 01, 2009
Ship: Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) 28
This was my first cruise and it was a very bad experience. I booked a cruise to Jamaica and the Cayman Islands and after driving the four hours to Miami I found out that the itinerary had been changed. I had already gone through security and had my bags taken. What was worse was that I found out later that two weeks prior to the trip Carnival already had knowledge of the problems on the ship. In fact, there were people on the cruise who a few days before had booked what Carnival was offering as the current itinerary. This is one of the oldest con games in the book, bait and switch. I will never travel with Carnival again.

Pros: elegant dining

Cons: Itinerary change and no attempt by Carnival to give a refund

Recommends Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) 28? No.