Great Cruise

Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) 28 Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

5 Night Western Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: August 29, 2009
Ship: Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) 28
The ship was very clean and quite well kept.

The dining room food was sensational. The deck on the lido deck was very good, as well.

Not very family friendly. I didn't stay for the entertainment in the main lounge. The costumes were very revealing. The jokes were a bit 'off color'. I did not attend any of the 'adult only' events.

Everyone was very friendly and helpful. Our room was always clean, the waiters were wonderful - they called us by name by the second night of the cruise. They even remembered that I drank coffee after dinner every night.

Very good layout. Some areas were, however a little tricky to get to. On some decks we needed to go up or down a deck to get from one end to the other. It took a few days to figure it out.

Very good. You don't expect lots of room in a stateroom on a ship, but it was adequate. Pleanty of storage room.
I enjoyed seeing the fDunn's River Falls, even though I didn't climb it. It was worth the time to see. Beautiful.
Don't Miss: Dunn's River Falls
Beautiful beach.

Pros: The food and staff were wonderful

Cons: The entertainment was not very 'family friendly'.

Recommends Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) 28? Yes!