Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Great Cruise

Sail Date: August 29, 2009

The ship was very clean and quite well kept.

Pros: The food and staff were wonderful

Cons: The entertainment was not very 'family friendly'.

Recommends Carnival Destiny (RETIRED)? Yes!

Not very family friendly. I didn't stay for the entertainment in the main lounge. The costumes were very revealing. The jokes were a bit 'off color'. I did not attend any of the 'adult only' events.
Very good layout. Some areas were, however a little tricky to get to. On some decks we needed to go up or down a deck to get from one end to the other. It took a few days to figure it out.
The dining room food was sensational. The deck on the lido deck was very good, as well.
Very good. You don't expect lots of room in a stateroom on a ship, but it was adequate. Pleanty of storage room.
Everyone was very friendly and helpful. Our room was always clean, the waiters were wonderful - they called us by name by the second night of the cruise. They even remembered that I drank coffee after dinner every night.
George Town, Grand Cayman
Beautiful beach.
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
I enjoyed seeing the fDunn's River Falls, even though I didn't climb it. It was worth the time to see. Beautiful.
Don't Miss: Dunn's River Falls