Great time ... in '06

Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) 28 Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Sail Date: February 01, 2009
Ship: Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) 28
Okay, so I went on this ship in 2006, and I wrote a review then, but it seems it never got posted, so I will write one again. The ship now, is not what it was then, well, the stops were different. It was more like what the victory is now, but its still a review right? In 2006 one of my friends and I went on this ship, it was a first cruise for both of us. We loved it! The stops were great, and the staff was awesome. Not one of them was rude, and they were very helpful. They even let my best friend have a drink with alcohol in it when she was 20, saying they would put it down as a smoothie or something like that, but she couldn't get another one. She should have just used my card because I was over 21, but we didn't know that our age was on the card when they scanned it. The only thing I should have done more is eat in the dinning room. But we read the menus before we went and didn't like what we saw, didn't know they would work with you, or so we heard, so we stuck to the buffets. The free food is awesome and so are the drinks, would have been nice if the soda was free, but we chipped in and got one soda card. So it was still worth it because it only cost us 20 bucks each and soda was I think 5 bucks a glass, so after four, which we drank, it was free in a way. The room service was great too. The shows were FANTASTIC we went to ALL the shows TWICE. I hope they still have great shows like that.. I only wish I got to stay at the ports longer. Loved it so much I had to go on more cruises!

Can't say much ... but what we had was great!

The shows were amazing!

So friendly and helpful!

It was our first and we were in awe if everything.

We had one without a window ... not a good idea, if you can, spend the extra bucks and get a window, its dark in there always.

Pros: EVERYTHING!

Cons: Didn't go to the dinning room enough ... and the charge for soda.

Recommends Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) 28? Yes!