Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

An "AVERAGE" Cruise

Sail Date: May 01, 2009

Overall, The Ship Would Pass..Its Something about Cruises That Make People Extra Friendly. I Had The Opportunity To Meet Some Great People That I Wouldn't Have Met If It Wasn't For The Cruise..EVERYONE Was Nice..

Pros: Ports of Call

Cons: Ship Did A little Too Much Rockin...Not Sure If It Was The Boat or The Water

Recommends Carnival Destiny (RETIRED)? Yes!

Overall The Staff Seemed Standoffish...Walking Down The Halls I Expected To Be Greeted With "Smiles & Hellos"; That May Have Happended Twice. My Room Steward, NEVER Got a Chance To Meet Him, But I Must Say Everytime We Returned To The Room, It Was Cleaned Up. I figured I Must Have been Hiding Under The Bed The Whole Trip..The Dining Room Staff Was EXCELLENT. I Will Say That They Aim To PLEASE..If You Want 2 Entres, They'll Make Sure it Happens.
The Size of The Ship Was Fine, It Wasn't Till Day 3 That I Realized That It Was Parts of The ship That I Hadn't Made It To...The Decor Was Up To Date, The Ship Is Kept VERY Clean...The Crew Was Cleaning Things That I Was Like "Is That Neccessary"? WOW! The Crew Works VERY Hard and It Shows.
The Stateroom Was Overall Acomandating. I was in a Interior Room and It was More Than Large Enough For 2 People..The Beds Are Usually VERY, VERY Comfortable; However, The Beds Were A little Uneven So It Was Difficult To Sleep In The Middle Of The Bed..Oh, and If You Plan On Going To Bed Early DO NOT Get a Room On The Forward Part of Deck 6; It's Directly About Where They do ALL The Shows..
It's TRUE What They Say About Cruising; It's Food at EVERY Turn. However, The BEST Thing To Me Was The Room Service, It's 24 hours a Day and You Can Get Some Great Things That You Can't Find Just Ready On the ship to Eat...I Ordered a Peanut Butter & Jelly Sandwich EVERY Night.
The Entertainment Staff Makes Sure That The Passengers Have Plenty To Keep Them Busy..From "Hairy Back" Contest To BIG Jackpot Bingo. I Spent A LOT of Time In The Casions..STAY AWAY From The Crap Table and Try The 3 Card Poker Table..It Was Just Something About Being On Water and That Crap Table That Didn't Work Out...