Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Great First Cruise

Sail Date: April 01, 2009

Definitely a FUN SHIP, met all expectations. This was our first cruise. Carnival did an EXCELLENT job at changing our sail port in leu of the swine flu being in Mexico. Instead we went to NASSAU BAHAMAS, trust me i was not mad AT ALL! In fact I feel they really up"ed their ratings with that change. I feel a different cruise most likely would have just kept us on sea. GO CARNIVAL!! WOO HOO!!!

Pros: Customer Service

Cons: Food selection can stand to be worked on.

Recommends Carnival Destiny (RETIRED)? Yes!

At first look i felt a bit cheated since they were painting the ship as we were boarding BUT... it surely gleamed as we was sailing.
Me, I loved the food. My husband, well... he wasn't too happy with the selection since we are not pork eaters, they had no alternatives for him at breakfast.
Our room was just as we saw online with the 360 view. Loved the balcony (worth the extra money BOOK IT!) the privacy really made the difference.
We're big on customer service and i must say the staff of the ship was SUPER!
There was so much to do i felt like i needed to be two people in one. There were loads of things to do.. especially the days just at sea, i mean they really kicked it up with activities.. night shows, casino, movies, raffles you name it they had it!