Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

So-so Cruise

Sail Date: April 01, 2009

This was an okay cruise. But I don't think I will cruise on Carnival again or recommend it to my friends. I have cruised before and my experience on Carnival Destiny leaves a bit to be deisred. I left the ship feeling quite disappointed in the whole trip. By comparison, Royal Caribbean cruises are much, mcuh better!

Pros: Shore excurisions

Recommends Carnival Destiny (RETIRED)? No.

The stateroom was much smaller than pictured on the website. The shower drained too slow. But on a positive note, the bed was quite comfortable.
There was something for everyone to enjoy.
I would compare the food to Golden Corral restuarants. In the dining room, our table was in the back corner near the revoling doors to the kitchen.
The ship had an old feel to it.
This was one of the better things about this cruise. The staff was helpful and willing to answer our questions.
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Watch out for the locals trying to sell their wares . They were like leeches!
Don't Miss: Jamaican bobsledding was GREAT!