Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

We had a good time.

Sail Date: March 14, 2009

Traveled As: Family w/young children

This was our first cruise, so we didn't know what to expect. If you are the type to drop your kids off for the day at the Kids Club (and your kids don't mind that), then you would enjoy this cruise. If, however, you would like your kids to be with you and enjoy the vacation as a family, then you may want to consider a cruise line that is more "family" oriented.

Pros: The cabin was bigger than I had thought. The stewards are super nice and friendly!

Cons: The pools were small and crowded.

Recommends Carnival Destiny (RETIRED)? Yes!

They had a lot of activities for kids of all ages. My 3 year old just has seperation issues, so he didn't want to go. My 8 year old enjoyed picking and choosing what she could do.
George Town, Grand Cayman

Don't Miss: the beaches and snorkling (I've been told)
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Be aware that the natives are very aggressive. They don't take no for an answer. Some even get mad if you don't buy something or don't go with them.
Don't Miss: Dunn River Falls