Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

A GREAT first cruise!!!

Sail Date: February 14, 2009

Carnival really does a great job in keeping activities going all of the time. We traveled with our 17 and 20 year old children and there was plenty of activities going on to keep everyone occupied. The food was incredible and exceeded our expectations. When we entered the ship, we purchased soda cards for 20 some odd dollars each, not knowing that we really didn't need them only to purchase soda. There was ample amounts of the juices, lemondade, iced tea and water available and we barely used them at all. My recommendation is that unless you absolutely need soda, save your money. The ports were fantastic and our excursions we purchased through Carnival were excellent. We had a really great time.

Pros: Everything

Cons: Purchase of the soda cards

Recommends Carnival Destiny (RETIRED)? Yes!

The ship was extra clean, the crew does a great job of keeping everything spotless. The only problem is that our shower drain didn't drain fast enough and the water would back up into the bathroom. I'm sure this would have been fixed right away if we would have reported it, however we thought this was "normal" being that we never have been on a cruise before and never reported it.
The food was incredible. Anyone that says they didn't like the food has a problem as there was so many options for food we couldn't believe it. The hardest part is now that we are home going to a regular restaurant and not being waited on hand and foot like we were on the ship.
The staterooms were very nice and better than I expected.
Everyone on this ship went well out of their way to ensure everyone was well taken care of.
Plenty of activities going on to keep everyone busy. I never really found myself bored.
My 17 year old was very occupied with the activities going on for the 15-17 year old kids. I do not have any small children but I can assure you that the small children were well taken care of too as there were many on the ship, but you never realized it as they were busy with activities.
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Climbing Dunes Falls, Chairlift over the rainforest canopy, Jamaican bobsled all were wonderful. Make sure to bring your bathing suite for Dunes Falls as it is a will get soaked event rather than the walk next to the falls event.
Don't Miss: Highly recommend these three activities, all were very fun.
George Town, Grand Cayman
Turtle Farm was wonderful, town of Hell which was ok but no big deal, and the Sandbar as Stingray City was fantastic.
Don't Miss: Turtle Farm, Stingray City.